Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Spoon Theory

If you are chronically sick, you got to read this, it will make cry but you'll feel better.
If someone close to you and you care about is chronically sick, you got to read this, maybe it will help you understand what they really need from you

"As I tried to gain my composure, I glanced around the table for help or guidance, or at least stall for time to think. I was trying to find the right words. How do I answer a question I never was able to answer for myself? How do I explain every detail of every day being effected, and give the emotions a sick person goes through with clarity. I could have given up, cracked a joke like I usually do, and changed the subject, but I remember thinking if I don’t try to explain this, how could I ever expect her to understand. If I can’t explain this to my best friend, how could I explain my world to anyone else? I had to at least try."

"I explained that the difference in being sick and being healthy is having to make choices or to consciously think about things when the rest of the world doesn’t have to. The healthy have the luxury of a life without choices, a gift most people take for granted."
if these copied lines is interesting to you , then you have to read the whole article

No comments: